Storey's Guide to Growing Organic Vegetables & Herbs for Market: Site & Crop Selection, Planting, Care & Harvesting, Business Basics. Sale priced.
A successful vegetable farm depends on business smarts - accounting, marketing, customer service - as much as planting and harvesting skills. Keith Stewart's practical advice and detailed in-the-field instruction guide you through every part of professional farming, from mapping your fields to designing a farmers' market stand.
Includes comprehensive coverage of:
- Site selection and good soil maintenance
- Tools, machinery, and greenhouses
- Selecting and planting profitable crops
- Organic weed and pest control
- Harvesting and storing vegetable and herbs
- Developing a business plan
- Marketing, packaging, and selling your products.
Size: 6" X 9". 559 pages.