Homemade for Sale is the
authoritative guide to starting and running a home-based food business,
now fully updated and expanded. From food product ideas and marketing,
to profiles of successful cottage food and food freedom entrepreneurs,
to navigating laws, get cooking and turn a hobby into a business.
Updated and expanded! The authoritative guide to conceiving
and launching your own home-based food business – from idea to recipe to
Follow your dream to launch a food business from your home and join the booming movement of food entrepreneurs.
Fully updated and expanded, Homemade for Sale is the authoritative guide to launching a successful food enterprise
from your kitchen. It covers everything you need to get cooking for your
customers, providing a clear road map to go from ideas and recipes to
owning a food business. Contents includes:
- Product development and testing
- Understanding state cottage food and food freedom laws and advocacy
- Independently tested recipes for non-hazardous food products, including frostings
- Marketing and developing your niche
- Step-by-step guides for packaging, labeling, and creating displays
- Structuring and running your business while planning for the future
- Bookkeeping and financial management
- Managing liability, risk, and government regulations
- Avoiding burnout through self-care and time management
- Profiles of successful food entrepreneurs.
people than ever are demanding real food made with real ingredients by
real people, and you have the freedom to earn by starting a food
business from home. No capital needed, just good recipes and enthusiasm,
plus enough business know-how found in the pages of Homemade for Sale to be a success. Everything else is probably already in your kitchen. Best of all, you can start right now!