Discover why humans were designed for dancing—and learn how to boogie for better health—with two neuroscientists as your guide.
is one of the best things we can do for our health. In this
groundbreaking and fun-to-read book, two neuroscientists (who are also
competitive dancers) draw on their cutting-edge research to
- reveal why humans are hardwired for dance
- show how to achieve optimal health through dancing
Taking readers on an in-depth exploration of movement and music, from early humans up until today,
the authors show the proven benefits of dance for our heart, lungs,
bones, nervous system, and brain. Readers will come away with a wide
range of dances to try and a scientific understanding of how dance
benefits almost every aspect of our lives.
- Dance prevents and manages illness and pain: such as Diabetes, arthritis, back pain, and Parkinson’s.
- Dance can be as effective as high intensity interval training: but without the strain on your joints and heart.
- Dance boosts immunity and lowers stress: it also helps reduce inflammation.
- Dance positively impacts the microbiome: and aids in digestion, weight loss, and digestive issues such as IBS.
- Dance bolsters the mind-body connection: helping us get in tune with our bodies for better overall health.
lucky that one of the best things we can do for our health is also one
of the most fun. And the best part: dance is something anyone can do.
Old or young, injured or experiencing chronic pain, dance is for
So, let’s dance!