Homesteading: A Backyard Guide To: Growing Your Own Food, Canning, Keeping Chickens, Generating Your Own Energy, Crafting, Herbal Medicine and More.
Be Greener. Be Healthier. Be More Self-Sufficient. Whether you live in the wilderness, the suburbs, or even in the heart of the city, there is plenty you can do to lead a more self-sufficient and greener lifestyle. Living simply should be just that - simple. You do not need a lot of time, special equipment, or acres of land to experience the excitement and satisfaction of the homesteader's life.
With the step-by-step instructions, photographs, charts, and tips in this book, anyone can make the shift to a smarter, greener, more fulfilling way of life. Homesteading will show you how to:
- Grow your own vegetables - Conserve water with a rain barrel
- Preserve jams, jellies, fruits, and vegetables - Make a food dehydrator - Plant a flower garden
- Keep bees - Make cheese, butter, yogurt, and ice cream - Container garden - Build a stable -
Harness wind, solar, hydro, and geothermal energy - Make paper - Bind a book
- Plant a rooftop garden - Dip candles - Make herbal teas -
Prepare for natural disasters - Alleviate stress with massage and herbal medicine - Knit a hat - Keep chickens
- Use alpaca wool - Make a composting toilet - Brew beer.
With this book, you and your family can live healthier and happier and save money, too.